The Open Forum is a proposed site for independent artists and organizations to collaborate with FICA on specific events in Delhi. Through the sharing of resources, knowledge, and networks, the forum will exist as a temporary collaborative space that will allow for a deeper engagement with practice and pedagogy.
- We invite artists, researchers, educators and practitioners from areas such as visual arts, visual culture, design, architecture, anthropology, performing arts and allied fields to get in touch with us to initiate projects in experimental formats.
- The format of the collaboration should ideally be small scale workshops or learning exercises to build upon the idea of practice-based learning and sharing ideas (Example: 1-2 day workshops, group discussions/seminars, performance event, presentation etc.).
- The proposed project should engage with rethinking practice and pedagogy.
- FICA’s Reading Room, the space and the collection of books/catalogues, will be open to collaborators to use for the workshop.
Applications for The Open Forum will remain open through the year and FICA will choose a limited number of proposals based on how well the proposed project links practice, learning and people, and its feasibility. FICA will host, publicize and invite people for the collaborative session/workshop/event. Please note that this is not a project fund and FICA will not support any production of work or exhibition.
How to apply -
- Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your bio, your work images/links and descriptions, and a specific proposal for the project (max.500 words)
- The FICA team will get in touch with you to discuss details if the project aligns with the focus of the forum.