FICA is hiring!
The Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art (FICA) is looking for a new team member and welcomes applications from individuals who are interested in working as part of our small team. We are looking for someone enthusiastic and proactive, who loves the visual arts, and is looking to work closely with artists, educators and researchers.
Position: Programme Officer
Location: New Delhi. Our office is in Defence Colony in the heart of south Delhi.
Remuneration: This will be based on the candidate’s qualifications and past experience.
Duration: This is a full time position and we want applications only from those who want to stick around for the long run. Those looking for internships and for short-term experience will not be considered.
Working hours: 11am – 7pm, Monday – Saturday
Work experience: 3-5 years. Preferably with a background in arts, research, writing, education, programming, and/or fundraising.
Qualification and requirements:
- A postgraduate degree in visual arts or any related field is preferred, although those with undergraduate degrees are welcome to apply as long as you have the necessary work experience.
- Fluency in English (spoken, reading and writing), and working knowledge of Hindi.
- Should have good computer skills (with MS word, excel, ppt, etc.), basic knowledge of design/photo editing softwares and should be comfortable working with online content management (primarily website updates)
- Manage ongoing programmes – this includes drafting calls for applications, communicating with all partners/jury members, reviewing applications, organising jury meetings etc.
- Developing new programmes – working closely with artists, curators, researchers, and other cultural institutions to develop new programmes talks, workshops, exchanges, and organising these events
- Working closely with all FICA grantees to monitor ongoing projects, facilitating them by helping them network, organising outreach events around each project etc.
- Writing timely reports on all FICA programmes, documenting/collecting documentation on our programmes, and maintaining a record of our year-long events
- Coordination, design and logistics for the annual exhibition and fundraiser events – developing exhibition ideas with the artists, logistics of getting and exhibiting works, designing all press and publicity content, communicating with sponsors.
- Writing press releases, artists’ profiles, proposals for grants and events, proof reading etc.
- Handling daily email communications for FICA and all communication to our mailing list.
- Updating the FICA website regularly, and maintaining FICA’s Facebook page.
- Updating the FICA Reading Room catalogue as and when needed.
How to apply:
Email the following details to us at email@example.com
- Your recent updated CV with full contact details
- A statement of purpose and interest
- A writing sample
- Additionally, if you wish to share more information on important projects you have been part of so far.
Please note: FICA will contact suitable candidates for a round of personal or skype interview. Please send in your details by 25th July 2014.