The Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art (FICA) is a non-profit organization that aims to broaden the audience for contemporary Indian art, enhance opportunities for artists, and establish a continuous dialogue between the arts and the public through education and active participation in public art projects and funding.
As a not-for-profit foundation that encourages, promotes and supports innovative work in the field of the visual arts, FICA is committed to
- working in collaboration with, and for the benefit of, our stakeholders - the artist community, students, art historians/critics/curators, collectors and art enthusiasts
- building a long term relationship with other organizations, local and international, including museums, art schools, galleries and government institutions to work together on regular art events, educational programs and special exhibitions
- developing active year-long public programing with the intention of bringing contemporary art closer to its audience
- encouraging art philanthropy in India by reaching out to private and corporate sponsors
- extending our resources to students and educational institutions with the aim of developing art education as a life tool