The Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art (FICA) is a non-profit organization that aims to broaden the audience for contemporary Indian art, enhance opportunities for artists, and establish a continuous dialogue between the arts and the public through education and active participation in public art projects and funding.
As a not-for-profit foundation that encourages, promotes and supports innovative work in the field of the visual arts, FICA is committed to
- working in collaboration with, and for the benefit of, our stakeholders - the artist community, students, art historians/critics/curators, collectors and art enthusiasts
- building a long term relationship with other organizations, local and international, including museums, art schools, galleries and government institutions to work together on regular art events, educational programs and special exhibitions
- developing active year-long public programing with the intention of bringing contemporary art closer to its audience
- encouraging art philanthropy in India by reaching out to private and corporate sponsors
- extending our resources to students and educational institutions with the aim of developing art education as a life tool
In the endeavor to grow as an organization committed to making contemporary art accessible, increasing greater interaction among art institutions and the public, and generating art philanthropy, we have invited a group of distinguished individuals and professionals to be on our Advisory Board to guide us in our efforts.
Arun Vadehra | Director, Vadehra Art Gallery
Dilip Cherian | Consulting Partner, Perfect Relations
Hans Ulrich Obrist | Co-Director, Serpentine Gallery
Radhika Chopra | Art Collector and Entrepreneur
Ranjit Hoskote | Cultural Theorist, Poet and Curator
Shilpa Gupta | Artist
Tarana Sawhney | Advocate